Custom Python, Linux, and Web Development
I'm Sean Markan, and Eudelic Systems is my software consultancy. I'm based in the Boston area and I would be happy to help you with your project.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you are interested in discussing a project or have any questions.
What I do
- Web applications, especially in Django
- Data analysis, scripting, and general back-end development, especially on Linux
- Windows and Linux desktop apps
- Projects requiring math/algorithms knowledge
Python is my language of choice, but I'm also very familiar with other languages including C/C++. See here for a rundown of technologies I'm familiar with.
Why choose Eudelic?
- Many years of experience building custom software (see below).
- I understand that it takes more than coding to get software projects completed successfully. Clear communication, management of scope and budget, solid design, iteration with the client, and testing are all part of my process.
- Track record of happy clients and projects completed within the planned budget and timeframe.
- I am responsive, organized, and work fast.
- I'm a one-man shop, so my rates are reasonable and you'll be dealing directly with the person who writes your code.
I've been programming since childhood, and have been self-employed as a freelancer since 2007. I also have an extensive background in math and physics (I have a degree in physics from MIT), which I bring to bear on software projects when the opportunity arises.
Recent projects have included:
A custom database and web interface for analysis of legal billing data.
A custom GUI to interface with and record data from the faceshift motion capture tool. The purpose of this project was to support clinical research on motor disorders affecting speech.
A custom school management system for Proof School, a secondary school in San Francisco. The system is used by staff and students for record-keeping, grade reporting, and other purposes. It also encompasses an online admissions system used by both applicants and staff.
A web tool used by researchers at Harvard Medical School to track the time utilization of primary care physicians.
Not so recent, but I'm especially proud of writing code for the CMS Data Acquisition Group at CERN. I built a Linux kernel module for memory management as well as SNMP-based monitoring software for Myrinet fiber-optic switches.